Whether you make one yourself or buy it, cats love SmartyKat Inclined Corrugated Cat Scratcher, especially when the catnip in it is fresh. Some cats love it so much they sleep on it. If you have a few cats, they might have feuds over it.
You’ll have to clean up some shredded cardboard, but it’s worth it to have a scratching surface your cats will actually use. Once your cats have destroyed the first side of it, you can take it out of the box, throw some catnip in the bottom, and put the un-mutilated side on top.
So protect your Persian rugs and leather sofa. This scratching pad takes up no more space than a phone book. And your cats will use it, unlike some of the scratch poles you have.
- Cut the tape at the opening of box. Remove the top lid along the perforation, leaving the corrugated pad in the remaining tray.
- Open the enclosed bag of SmartyKat certified organic catnip and spread a generous handful over the entire surface of the pad. Reseal catnip bag and store out of your cat's reach. Rub the catnip into the pad until it is embedded in the flutes. This will help activate the natural catnip fragrance.
- Place the SuperScratcher+ in a spot where your cat will feel comfortable. It can be a good idea to put your SuperScratcher+ near sofas, chairs or other former favorite scratching targets.
- Cats really like it. The skinny one or the double wide are both great.
- The corrugated cardboard is gentle on your cat’s nails.
- The cardboard is recycled and biodegradable.
- The cardboard resembles a tree trunk, which is a surface that cats love.
- One point of this thing is to train the cats to not like furniture and carpets. The cardboard feels very different from upholstery to them, unlike sisal or carpet coverings, so it actually does help to train them.
- Extremely inexpensive and simple.
- Double-wide corrugated cat scratcher
- Comes with catnip is organically grown without pesticides and chemicals
- 19" x 9.5" x 1.75"
- Low profile means you can put one in every room
- Mimics the surfaces cats like to scratch in nature to save your furniture
- Corrugated cardboard is made from recycled paper pulp
- Comes in various styles: angle, double wide, hanging, lounge, regular (but plain old double wide or regular is the best)
Hanging the doorknob version on a doorknob does not work because it is too light. That can be very messy. When cats shred their nails on it, there is cardboard residue everywhere.
Click on the button below to learn more about the SmartyKat SuperScratcher Plus.